"Personal information" is information that is personally identifiable like names, addresses, e-mail addresses, or phone numbers, as well as other non-public information that is associated with the foregoing.
"Anonymous information" means information that is not associated with or linked to your personal information; anonymous information does not permit the identification of individual persons.
Your personal information may be processed in the country where it was collected as well as other countries (including the United States) where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country and by using the service or submitting personal information through the services, you are expressly consenting to such processing.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following personal information that you submit to us voluntarily:
- If you register for any Datasheet Archive offerings and create an account, we may collect a username, your e-mail address, and a password for your account.
- If you register for the Datasheet Archive offerings we collect, on an optional basis, certain information to complete your profile, including your name, company, phone number, address, job, search preferences, social media details, and website.
- If you make a posting or comment on a posting on the Datasheet Archive offerings, we will collect any personal information contained in such posting.
- If you sign up for a feature of the Datasheet Archive offerings for which we charge a fee, we will collect your first and last name, billing address, credit card or payment account number and any other information needed to complete the transaction.
- We may also collect personal information, such as demographic information from you via the Datasheet Archive offerings or at other points in the sites that state that personal information is being collected.
Personal Information Collected Via Technology
The Datasheet Archive may store small text files called "Cookies" on your computer to make your experience on our website better. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). In order to provide the Datasheet Archive offerings and other services, we may use a variety of Cookies that perform different functions. We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies - Strictly necessary cookies are cookies which are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies - Performance cookies collect anonymized information about how you use our website. For example, these cookies may tell us which pages you go to most often and if you receive error messages from our webpages. We use this information to improve how our sites work. By using our website, you agree we can place these cookies on your device.
- Functionality Cookies - Functionality cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make, such as your login information (if any), preferred language or region you are in, and can provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as submitting a search request. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our website, you agree we can place these cookies on your device.
- Advertising Cookies - These cookies collect information to deliver you more relevant advertising. They may be placed by us, by third parties acting on our behalf, or by advertising networks with our permission. They remember other websites you have visited, and advertising networks may share this information with others including advertisers. By using our website, you agree we can place these cookies on your device.
While you will still be able to use the Datasheet Archive offerings if you disable Cookies in your browser, certain parts of the Datasheet Archive offerings may not function as effectively. You can find more information on Cookies and how they may affect you by visiting: www.youronlinechoices.org.
Personal Information From Other Sources
We may receive personal information about you from outside the sites, such as from third parties that provide services for us that are related to the Datasheet Archive offerings. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via the Datasheet Archive offerings.
Use Of Information We Collect
In general, information (including personal information) you submit to us, or to third parties that support us in collecting information, is used by us to provide you and others with the Datasheet Archive offerings, to respond to requests that you make, to improve our Datasheet Archive offerings and to better tailor the features, performance and support of the Datasheet Archive offerings.
We may also use your personal information to provide you with notifications related to your use of the Datasheet Archive offerings, should you request to receive such communications from us.
We may create anonymous information records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may also create anonymous information on how you use the Datasheet Archive offerings. We may use this anonymous information for internal purposes, such as analyzing usage patterns so that we may enhance the Datasheet Archive offerings, and we also reserve the right to use and disclose any anonymous information at our discretion.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may enter into agreements with companies that provide the Datasheet Archive offerings by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our website ("Third Party Companies"). A Third Party Company may want access to personal information that we collect from its customers. As a result, we may disclose your personal information to a Third Party Company; however, we will not disclose your personal information to Third Party Companies for the Third Party Companies' own direct marketing purposes, unless you have "opted-in" by following the instructions we provide to allow such disclosure. If you have opted-in to receive e-mail communications from a Third Party Company and later wish to discontinue receipt of these e-mails, please contact the Third Party Company directly to update your preferences. The privacy policies of our Third Party Companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your personal information that we collect and disclose to such Third Party Companies. Because we do not control the privacy practices of our Third Party Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
We may provide your personal information to third party service providers and suppliers who work on behalf of, or with us to provide you with some of the services and features of the Datasheet Archive offerings, and to help us communicate with our users (including in connection with payments). However, these service providers and suppliers do not have any independent right to use this information except to help us provide the Datasheet Archive offerings.
Choices Regarding Personal Information
We will include unsubscribe instructions in each service communication you receive from us.
Modifying and Deleting Your Personal Information
You may change any of your personal information in your account by editing your profile within the Datasheet Archive offerings. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete personal information that we have collected from or about you, it will be deleted from our active databases but may remain in our archives.
Links to Other Web Sites
Privacy of Minors
We do not intentionally collect or maintain information from persons under the age of 18.
Security and Confidentiality
Datasheet Archive is committed to safeguarding and securing the information we collect online. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access any personal information. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. However, no company, including Datasheet Archive, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information.
The Datasheet Archive makes no warranties that (i) the website will meet your requirements, (ii) the website will be uninterrupted, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results obtained from this website will be accurate and reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information or other material obtained by you through our site will meet your expectations.